Help our team explore an unknown shipwreck!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone!
I'm a SCUBA instructor and scientist, and my colleagues and I have just launched a project to explore an unknown shipwreck off the Baja Peninsula. The wreck is vey real, and very old... it will be very exciting project and we hope to add to the marine history of Baja and Mexico, and create a documentary in the process!
Please check out our project here on Kickstarter.com:

Journey to Land's End by Michael Thomas — Kickstarter

Kickstarter is a crowdfunding website where you can donate as little as a $1 to help cool projects become reality.
And also, if you know anyone else who may be interested in becoming part of our team by contributing, please pass on the link!
Thanks much and let us know if you have any questions!

photo-full.jpg

You probably know that there are cultural patrimony laws in Mexico (and every other country) - they are very strict and to investigate anything of archaeological significance (and definitions differ, but UNESCO generally says over 100 years for underwater sites) you must go through the National Institute of Archaeology. Of course, there is a long history of not following those laws by foreigners and locals alike - but penalties can be big. Depending on what you want to do, you may or may not need any kind of permit, etc - or maybe you already have all of those.

Back
Top Bottom