Shipwreck Armanian off coast of Cape Chatt (cap chat) anyone have information? Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am researching a shipwreck. The Armania formerly Ravenscrag went down off the coast of Cape Chatt. Built in 1866, iron hull, full mast sailing ship. Wreck circa 1900-01. Anyone familiar with this wreck?

Also, I am wondering is it possible to sail from Cape Chatt all the way into lake Ontario with a ship such as the Armania?

I have been searching forever for a picture of the Ravenscrag or the Armania with no luck (built 1866). There are other ships named Armania with interesting history (but newer). There is only one Ravenscrag (not to be confused with other ships named Ravenscraig).

Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Richard

Hello,

I can't tell you much about the shipwreck, but it could have sailed to Lake Ontario if it dragged less than 14 feet and was not longer than 175 feet. I wrote an article about one of the locks on the St-Lawrence if you are interested: Academia.edu | Écluse 21, Canal du Cornwall: une introduction | Andres Larrea

---------- Post Merged at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Pardon my French, btw.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom