Another Minelab Excalibur question........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iamsharky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have an excalibur too that I have used on land successfully. For diving I attached the "console" of the detector on my bcd and just used the coil by hand holding onto the short shaft instead of using the arm brace frame. I kept getting eractic signal and don't know if the detector was picking up my steel tanks which are back mount or what. Haven't used the detector anymore underwater because of this. does anyone know why i would have this problem underwater but not on land??????Thanks!

Sharky , I have the same setup with console clipped to BC and a short handle I made from PVC pipe. This setup worked perfect many times then all of a sudden my threshold just would not hold as it should. I'd say that your tanks are not the problem. Good luck and keep me posted. Thanks , Craig

Back
Top Bottom