Crocodile Jaw found...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iamsharky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
2 and 1/2 foot section of a lower crocodile jaw found recently. The teeth went all the way up the jaw line that you see. I guess that the entire jaw was probaly 4 feet long which could have made the entire croc 25 feet long or so. Any tips on preservation?? I have read acetone and butvar.....any other tips are greatly appreciated. It seems pretty well fossilized..... [h=4]Attached Thumbnails[/h]

Thanks Lee! Waiting to see some pics of stuff u r finding! Now if I can just find the top of the jaw! Happy Hunting!

:lookaround: well sharky i have not found much of late. lots of things keeping me from it. i found some teeth in the spring of this year. have plans to hunt a land site this saturday. if you would like to hunt the Edisto river one weekend, let me know. i am using my motorized canoe, scooper, and screen to work the relatively clear-water gravel-beds, in 2 and 3 feet of water.

I would love to do that sometime so I will definately get with you, hopefully soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom