Was there ever any news on the Mel Fisher theft?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverrite

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering if the gold bar was ever recovered or anyone caught?

Probaly melted down.

DSC02058.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Above is a pic of me holding the bar in 2009. It was set up to where the bar was too long to come back out of the hole that you stuck your hand in. Upon studying the photo, it occurred to me how easy it would have been for someone to take a bolt or lock cutter and cut the bar in half and then it would have easily fit through the hole in 2 pieces......It sure was hard to let go of the bar!! It's a shame that someone had to ruin it for everyone else. It was a joy to hold and unbelievable as to how heavy it was!

I, too, held that bar in my hand. It was truly a joy to hold it and it was very heavy. I am saddened to think someone would steal such a treasure. I know times are hard but where is this person's conscience?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom