Found this wheel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blacksambellamy

Contributor
Reaction score
Found this wheel last summer on a wreck

wheel.jpg

Intetresting. Why would you disturb it? Is that what wreck diving is about?

Not judging, just curious.

Intetresting. Why would you disturb it? Is that what wreck diving is about?

Not judging, just curious.

I don't understand comments like this. If you leave it there the ocean will reclaim it and no one be able to enjoy it.

I don't understand comments like this. If you leave it there the ocean will reclaim it and no one be able to enjoy it.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that if you leave it there, then everyone could enjoy it?

-------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot/H2OBelow

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

Wouldn't it stand to reason that if you leave it there, then everyone could enjoy it?

-------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot/H2OBelow

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

What if nobody else knows where the wreck is? What makes you think others would ever enjoy it?

Found this wheel last summer on a wreck

Congratulations.

Anything that can make a man smile so broadly and proudly over a worthless piece of junk is a good thing. It will be proudly displayed in the den until his wife relegates it to the garage, after humoring him for a couple of months. There it will sit undisturbed and barely distinguishable from an old lawnmower until his son throws it out, a few weeks after the estate is settled.

“Wouldn'tit stand to reason that if you leave it there, then everyone could enjoy it?”

Well, let’s start with I’ve spent 5 k on a sonar, 20k on a boat , 15k on dive equipment and years scanning the ocean bottom looking for untouched wrecks. This is one of those wrecks that nobody else can enjoy, as its location is known only to me. It’s safe to say this wreck will continue remain unknown, because There is no payout, the trinkets found are totally worthless and there are very few people who would be willing to invest the time or money to find something that has no return. This wreck is well on its way to becoming dust and the few artifacts i do recover are rewards for all the time and money i have invested.

BTW its not a sailboat

Last edited:
Is it part of a valve?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom