Megalodons: The Quest for Shark Teeth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iamsharky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I remember May 2003, a trip to Charleston for my sister-in-laws wedding......Newly scuba certified and an article in Advanced Diver Magazine about the shark teeth you could find in the Cooper River. A one trip scuba adventure which has become an addiction still, 10 years later. In this post I will try to chronicle my adventures as a fossil diver and encourage you to post pictures of your adventures! This was Capt. Tom McMillan who carried me out on my first trip, with his boat.

DSCF2840.jpg

Last edited:
5-11 003.jpg5-11 004.jpg After that trip to South Carolina, I knew I was addicted. I needed a boat...My buddy sold me this 1977 boat for $500.00. I bought that re-built motor for $1,000.00. Seats pulled out and a tank rack, now all I needed was a river that was not 5 hours away.....

That boat was purchased in 2003 and it finally got to where the bilge pump was running constantly. Being afraid I may come up from a dive and not have a boat, I bought a new boat in 2012.....That boat was the best $500.00 I ever spent and I almost feel like I should have given that boat a proper burial instead of just leaving it at the boat shop.:depressed:

These teeth were from one dive trip. This was back many years ago, from a river that had been dove out.....
5-11 010.jpg

Recently, I acquired a pontoon boat from my dad. It is a great dive platform!

12-07-12 015.jpg

This was probaly one of the best days I have ever had....Two 6 inch teeth found within a few feet of each other, the wider one is over 5 inches wide and was found buried flat with the edges of the tooth covered in sand but the center portion exposed. The narrower one was found with the root buried and the rest of the tooth sticking straight up, out of the mud/sand!1-16a 001.jpg1-16a 002.jpg1-16a 003.jpg1-16a 004.jpg1-16a 005.jpg1-16a 006.jpg1-16a 007.jpg1-16a 008.jpg1-16a 009.jpg1-16a 010.jpg1-16a 011.jpg1-16a 012.jpg1-16a 013.jpg1-16a 014.jpg

A dive from 7-08-08

Pretty good day on this one!

DSC01106.jpg

Very nice Sharky. I am itching to get back in the water. I finally am 100% mentally ready. I took last year off after going through my divorce and I recently had everything serviced and ready to go. It has been different since moving to Rincon, GA. but I am thinking of finding me a new dive buddy down here to feed my addiction in between dive trips up to the Edisto with Phill and Lee.

I want to start finding some decent Mako's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom