Some teeth from yesterday.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan Y

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Found a few yesterday doing a shakedown dive. (Haven't dove In a month or so.)

Found what I think is a piece of wood but others have said they think it may be a tooth of some sort.

Anyone have any opinions?

I also found another fish tail. Not as good as the last one but it has more fish bone in it.

Those are so cool.

Do you find them in the open or do you have to dig for them?

Both. It getting difficult to find teeth in some areas now because of people using DPVs around here. I still have some areas I can pick them but more often then not you have to fan a little.

Piece of mammoth tooth

I was thinking mammoth but wasn't sure. THanks for any responses.

---------- Post added December 7th, 2013 at 07:06 PM ----------

Looks like its the root part or molar of a wooly mammoth tooth. Thanks.

Hey Ryan, Nice score. Was this done from a boat? I'm looking to dive for some teeth and, forgive me if you've mentioned this in a prior thread but, where are you getting those teeth? Not looking for GPS coordinates as I realize you may have a "honey hole", but what river..?

It's part of a ray plate. In the years I've been doing offshore trips to NC sites, I've never seen any mammoth fossils recovered.

Thanks. The teeth here are not found in a river but offshore.

I'm still leaning toward Mammoth tooth. Im taking it to someone this week so they can get there hands on it. A couple of paleo people that have seen the picture are saying mammoth as well. Either way. pretty cool to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom