Creating an underwater park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr Dog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have recently decided that the tourist area I live in along a giant lake, needs an underwater park. I have started to talk with the proper authorities about making this a possibility, and I even have some very cool old boats and even a school bus willing to be added to the park.

So what I would like to ask is.. Does your town/city/area have such an underwater scuba park? Do you know who was behind it? What was involved in making it happen?

I want to make sure I am ready for the inevitable arguments and denials I am inevitably going to face. So far my experience has been mainly positive..There are two parks within 90 min drive of my location, I just do not know how they were created, and if they were legally done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:wink:

There a place called Fantasy Lake Scuba Park about two hours or so away from where I'm located at. I've never been there before but it seems like a sick place. I've also never been diving in a quarry before, but here's the link to the place. I'm planning on making a trip there soon! Fantasy Lake Scuba Park

Back
Top Bottom