UW metal detector probe / Vibra-Tector 730

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep - I've used the Vibra-Tector though you can get it for less elsewhere. It picks up pretty much everything but is still fun.

yes and they are absolutely fantastic for their size ,

I use mine for small cracks and holes that I can't get the coil of my ex- caliber in. The problem for me it turns on and interfears with my metal detectors signal (because it floats while diving). I've tried strapping it to my BC if there was a toggle switch it would be better.

I use mine for small cracks and holes that I can't get the coil of my ex- caliber in. The problem for me it turns on and interfears with my metal detectors signal (because it floats while diving). I've tried strapping it to my BC if there was a toggle switch it would be better.

Hi Scott,
I have an excalliber11, used it once in lake simcoe here in ontario canada. Was all silt on the bottom, lots of pop cans tops, large earing, noting notable. How have you made out with yours.
Im considering bringing it to the caribbean, maybe cozumel to try out, looking for some suggestions on how to go about arranging a divemaster to accompany me as I prefer a partner to dive with. Probably sometime in march. No plans just yet im just testing the waters so to speak.

I found a honking
8 gram gold ring with the vibra tec. Like I said it will float and turn on and screw with your x-call. Unplug the battery before putting it in your suit case for obvious resons. Good luck

Thanks for the advise, never would have thought about the batter thing. figured they would want to turn it on to check it .

In my first day of use and After about 2 1/2 hours of searching in a very popular beach which is most of the year with tourists me and my brothers found 33 coins worth a little over 15$ all this with the Vibra-tector 730, very happy with this product, of course I also found a lot of crap but the ratio was 1 :1.5 coins to crap 20141201_201135.jpg

Now I have a question what is the best way to wash the black stain off the coins, I hear of Muriatic Acid, what do you guys use ???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom