caribbean underwater metal detecting partner wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caribean-ted

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey gang,
I have an excalliber 11, ive used it to dive once, mostly land so far. Im planning a trip to possible cozumel in march 2015 and I would like to try it out while diving.
Im wondering if anyone else is taking theirs and if they would like to hook up as dive partners.
Im not sure of the protocol for diving with a metal detector down there. I was originally thinking of using a charter but you cant metal detect from a cattle boat so what are my options. Im not sure if shore dives will bring up anything but im willing to try it. If someone has experience down there and is looking for a partner to dive with I would be interested.

Part of my trip is for filming underwater also so I wont dedicate everyday to just metal detecting. Need some sun also. :)
After all it is a vacation for me.

really not sure what you want to do. I doubt any dive operators would agree to have you digging around in the park. Most of the detecting done on Czm is right offshore from the resorts and you don't need to use scuba. I would head on down to a beach club and either wade or snorkel offshore. not need for scuba. Nearly anything lost is going to be shallow.

Good point, was just thinking of testing my equipment. dont expect to find anything but a shore dive would be cool. better than having to surface for air all the time. Prefer to stay down for a while. Maybe some other place then. I will think about it. summer has been crappy, I need a good hot vacation with some great diving, march maybe. I think the weather should be good by then down in the caribbean. Not sure if I will bring the metal detector or not. was just a thought. Been wanting to use it but prefer to dive with someone who knows the area, better to have someone with me in case something goes wrong.

Back
Top Bottom