Bahamas videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just posted this also down on the liveaboard Forum...

Here is my "Best of the trip" video:
Just click on link: Nekton Rorqual liveaboard - Best of Medio Reef, Bahamas on Vimeo

I am now posting my videos on vimeo so you no longer have to download a huge file. Hopefully everyone will like this better. My only complaint is that it is shot in wide-screen but shows up in regular format (so it looks a little squished to me). Be on the lookout for a VERY pregnant nurse shark, a few of the baby reef sharks, and a very rude jesture from a filefish!

I will also be posting more videos from the trip. I ended up with so much footage I like that I am making a video for each day. I will post the link for those later when they are all done. :D

:D robin :D
Sony HC-42 camcorder, Ikelite housing, no lights

thanks! I am still using Pinnacle Studio Plus v.10. I tried Vegas and didn't like it (just didn't seem to work logically with my brain) so I am back with the easier one. :wink:

yeah, music is hard. I had done the video yesterday and searched through all my music most of the day trying to come up with a song that worked for me. I couldn't find one so I settled on a different song. My daughter watched the finished video this am and hated the music I picked. So once again we started a search. I played for her the Palau DVD done by the crew and told her I liked a song he used but didn't know who did it (I thought it might be Seal). Sure enough, we searched the internet and found it, bought the MP3 and downloaded, re-edited the video a bit to fit the music. I really like the way it came out MUCH better now. Music can really make or break a video. :D That song makes me smile and I know I was smiling on every dive. I don't know if anyone else will like it - I usually get trashed over my music choices.

The other videos have more unusual/less recognizable music.

robin:D

..I usually get trashed over my music choices.

LOL, me too. I gave up trying to please everyone long ago.

A few people on on Indo trip asked me how much I charge for my videos. I told them I give them away for free. This way if they don't like the video or my music tastes they can't complain, it was free wasn't it ?

if you want to download the actual video, it is here:
http://www.rnrscuba.net/Nekton_MedioBahamas_Bestof.wmv
78mb though, so be sure to "save target as" and play it from your computer. It was recorded wide-screen so you can see it that way here. I don't understand why on vimeo it shows compressed to standard format. Ronscuba, any ideas?

robin:D

Robin,

Nice video !!!!!

When you export your final video, you need to choose 16x9.
That is why the video looks "squished" as you stated.
It's because it was exported at 4x3 (standard definition frame sizing)
Good video work...
Bill

Robin,

Nice video !!!!!

When you export your final video, you need to choose 16x9.
That is why the video looks "squished" as you stated.
It's because it was exported at 4x3 (standard definition frame sizing)
Good video work...
Bill

export? No, don't do it that way. It is 16x9 on my computer, and when I load it to my website it is also 16x9. But loaded to Vimeo it is 4x3. I don't see any option on their website for a different size. :confused:

If you didn't already know, you are not watching your original video on Vimeo. They convert your original to a compressed flash version to make internet streaming easier. Sounds like somewhere in the conversion process your vid was changed to 4:3. Might want to try Vimeo support. They are usually pretty good answering questions.

I think the jerky-ness (is that a word ?) is from the flash conversion or internet speed not handling movement too well. I notice the same thing in my videos.

Back
Top Bottom