Latest Video - Point Loma, CA Train Wheels and kelp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice job. Nice smooth movements with the camcorder, holding it steady. A bit too much moving shots and not enough still shots for me. I really liked the rockfish at the end, wish you had more shots like that throughout. Just my 2 cents. :D

What camcorder, housing, and light system?
I noticed when you zoomed in on small things the outer edges went out of focus. Are you using a WA lens or is the camcorder itself causing that? It is a bit weird to me, not sure if I like it or not.

robin:D

Thanks Robin,

I wasn't as happy with this one as some of my previous videos. But, I was also collecting urchins on these dives, so I was trying to do double duty.

I find that I sometimes forget to stay on subjects long enough to get a decent shot.

I am using a Sanyo HD1 in Epoque housing. WA lens - I usually do not zoom due to the distortion at the edges with the WA, but the WA gives a great field of view. I should take some more time when I want to zoom and remove it.

I use two Nocturnal SLX-800 lights on 12" flex arms. I have the 800s set to 90 degree diffusion for a nicer wide area of light.

Appreciate the feedback :)

DM Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom