Anyone using Sola 1200 video lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSwain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at the Light & Motion Sola 1200 video lights. Anyone using these or seen any video shot with these lights? Thanks for any help/info you can give me.
T.S.

solvid1200_1.jpg

These lights are pretty sweet!
1. As bright if not brighter than a lot of Can lights
2. Low/Med/High options & 70 min BT on High
3. Small & compact - No cords req.
4. Rechargeable
5. Switch lock for travel
6. Flood/Spot
7. Hands Free Option (Hand mount available) - Use like a can Light (no cord/canister)when NOT shooting Video!

We picked up our first order at DEMA and immediately sold out! Should have our next order in this week.

Sola 1200 at DIVESEEKERS.COM

Feel free to contact me for more info! I see you are in PA, if you are not too far, swing by the shop and check it out in person (call 1st)!

Just bought one. Great peice of kit. Will give it a thorough testing in April in Bonaire with my OceanImages housed Sony CX155

70 min burn time on high setting... enough for one "long" dive. What is the recharge time?

Just bought myself four of these puppies! One set to use and one set to charge. Rusty over at Backscatter has used these for video and says they are great. Small, light, no cords, good BT. He uses them with a 7D. I am looking forward to giving them a workout on my next trip end of this month.

This LED technology is great for consumers because it's creating competition and lowering prices. I believe Mangrove currently has a 4000 lumen light available at dealers for $950.

Just for reference, a 50 watt halogen light puts out around 1800 lumen, a 100 watt halogen around 3600 lumen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom