Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Recommendations for starter video cam

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    25 - 49
    I have a go pro. Got the flat lense, and have been very happy with it. Yes, I am a beginner, but for the price, I can't complain. Good enough to learn on anyway. Can anyone recommend a decent strobe to use for video with the go pro?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    I picked up the Canon WPV-2 for 149.99 on close out and then got a refurb Canon HFM300 for 200.00 added a red filter from Ikelite for $80. I was pretty happy with the video I got from Little Cayman. I haven't gotten through editing yet, but the unedited footage looked pretty cool. I'd like to add a WA and tray w/ handle at another point.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    I just picked up one of the Intova Sport Pros today at Leisure Pro for 199. I can't wait to use it. I had initially bought a Go Pro Hero 2 but then I returned it as i could not justify dumping another 2-300 just to use the thing diving.

The Intova is ready to use out of the box... already has a flat lense and and LCD built in. It also uses a universal tripod mount which I think is a huge positive. It seems to be built more for diving than the GoPro and it is remarkably cheaper. The only major difference that I can see is the 60 fps vs 30fps when comparing the two.

Registered

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos
    I've got a great entry level HD video camera for sale. It takes amazingly good video footage. It's a JVC GC-FM1 Picsio with ikelite housing and Ikelite Pro V-8 video light. I have it advertised on scubaboard. I'm only selling it because I'm so excited about this new hobby that I'm in the process of purchasing an even more advanced system. This system is so easy to use...press one button to turn on the power...and a second button to start/stop recording. You can check out the videos taken by Ikelite on Youtube.

Scuba Instructor

No Status

Dives
    200 - 499
    I now I'm a little late getting on the thread, but in case your still looking for an inexpensive system that delivers quality video and stills here it is. JVC Picsio WP10 in an Iklite housing with one or two Ikelite Pro V8 lights. Better Quality video than the Go Pro. You can also add a wide angle wet lens later. you can see a lot of video on you tube using this set up.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    I just received the new GoPRO underwater housing for the new GoPRO HD2 to review. Its port is flat. Took it diving the other day. Terrible conditions..green water and very dark at 105ft. Should have had lights as without them the grain gotten made the test footage unusable.
    Steve

Registered

Has not set a "status"

try the sport buddy HDX cam. Its the easiest to sue sport cam on the planet and it comes ready to dive. will cost you mountains less than gopro because all the accessories come with it. I ahve had mine for 2 months a love it. I take it everywhere. check it out. Welcome to SportBuddy HDX - Never miss a moment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123