Any feedback on the MUVI HD10 for underwater videography?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I'm currently researching to purchase a lightweight underwater video system. Primary use will be for recording lessons (student skills feedback), maybe some general videos for customers/divers... and also wreck penetration videos (need small system). Would be nice to take some critter videos occasionally too.

My obvious choice was a GoPro system. However, recently been recommended to the MUVI camera, in particular the HD10 system. It seems like a very good deal, at substantially lower cost than a GoPro, with more stuff in the package (including an underwater housing).

Here's the system:

Veho Website - Product Detail

And comparison video:

Does anyone have practical feedback on the MUVI system?

Any issues (blur?) when using the underwater housing?

Pros/cons? Compared to the GoPro?

Thanks, in advance... :)

Don't know the specific item however looks like this one focuses closer than a gopro but has a fixed iso400 which is more a problem than not
Also a waterproof case at £24 seems a bit cheap. I wonder how many people use it for diving as opposed to splash proof

I know that this is a fairly old thread, but I have the Veho Muvi HD NPNG edition as well as the Gopro 2 and in my opinion the Veho outperforms the Gopro in all respects. The Lensflare that you get with the gopro when you change from reef to open water is dramatically shorter on the Veho the short focus is superior(I wouldn't go so far as saying macro), as is colour saturation and the screen built in on the back is the clincher.

*bump*
anyone got anymore to add regarding the Muvi HD10? Did the OP purchase it? Any feedback?

Right now I am thorn between the Ghost S and the hero 3+ but I am also looking forward to the coming Veho K-1. The Ghost doesn't have much diving history (only a handful of youtube shots are available) while there is much more for the Muvi/Veho products and of course GoPro.

Any action cam option outside of a GoPro needs to have accessories, especially from 3rd party companies, to be able to replace my GoPro UW.
Filters are the key question here, but I saw plenty of options that can be applied on other than hero housings.

Do you have any tips for getting the most out of the Veho underwater? I've got fantastic pictures and videos on land, but not so much when diving. I'm going to try out a makeshift red filter to help with the colour correction, but are there any other settings I need to be aware of?

I bought a Muvi HD NGNG a few years ago, but just started using it underwater. I modified an old tray (aluminum bar) to hold my Sola 1200 light on flex-line and it works quite nicely.

However the last dive there was mist in the housing, and a check in the sink shows the UW housing is weeping somewhere (but not the start/stop button). I tried cleaning and reseating the silicone gasket so we'll see. If it leaks it's done for UW work, but otherwise it's a nice little rig.

(I was hoping to take it on some deeper wreck dives next year but this weeping at 60fsw (and in a sink) is a bit of a pain.

Back
Top Bottom