My Panasonic LX7 Compact Video Rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm taking the plunge to the LX7 as a dedicated video rig myself. Since you're a few steps ahead of me any help appreciated.

Will be purchasing the LX7 and the Nauticam housing, and the Nauticam wet mate dome.

Any advice or links to your choice of base plate and arms? Looks like what I have in mind.

What next? Wide angle or close up diopters? Haven't gotten too far in those directions yet.

I forgot to out the tray details on the web page they are ultralight
The rest of the rig you can read by yourself on the blog
depending on the type of diving you can figure out if you need more lenses or not in general the wet mate covers most situations and the camera has a good intelligent zoom

Hurry up, get in the water, shoot some footage and share with us !!!

Seriously. Looking forward to seeing your footage. Currently debating between systems and the LX7 is on the short list.

I am now at dive 3. I have tried a wet mate and a diopter. On a wreck dive I felt a proper wide angle would have been slightly better but nothing was compromised
Ergonomics are better than the Sony video quality is the same and the lens is sharper
There is just one thing I have not yet worked out and those are the picture settings. I am using the natural preset and the contrast is so low that the picture seems washed. Once I find the right setting this is a 5 start compact video rig
I will see if I can upload some small samples here Internet is really slow

Last edited:
I noticed you're selling your Sony system. Are you pretty well decided the LX7 is the superior video camera now?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom