Something you don't see every day - Marine Iguanas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanshutter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello Everyone,

Went diving in the Galapagos in August for the first time, and boy was that an interesting destination! We pretty much saw everything...Really a spectacular trip, above and below water.

One dive, which has to be one of the most unique I have ever done/heard of...is the Marine Iguana dive. During a certain hour of the day, the Marine Iguanas head to the ocean from the land and swim and eat the seaweed and algae. Hundreds of them are in the water. Really a fun dive...cold but fun! We lucked out with excellent visibility, which is not typically the case in this particular dive.

Here is a video I put together of it. Please feel free to Share or Like it. Also, any comments good or bad are welcome.

Let me know what you think!

Enjoy,

Dustin

[video=vimeo;78419332]https://vimeo.com/78419332[/video]

Or Youtube

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qq3ggfZMUqg[/video]

Thanks for watching Justin!
Dustin

---------- Post added November 5th, 2013 at 10:17 AM ----------

Tony,

It is a Canon 5d Mark II with a 15mm fisheye lens. glad you liked it. Thanks for commenting!
Dustin

I would love to see that during a dive! Very good video but I am guessing GoPro without the flat lens?

OceanShutter.com presents yet another Underwater Film. Please feel free to Share or Like this Video!
This was filmed in August 2013 in the Galapagos Islands. Filmed using Canon 5d Mark II, and a 15mm fisheye lens.
This was also filmed using natural light. No artificial lights were used.
The Marine Iguanas in the Galapagos Islands have adapted to swim and their diet consists of Algae and Seaweed. During the day the group together and lay in the sun. They also will blow salt out of the nostrils. It is quite a sight!
Music by - Van Syla - The age of Innocence.

Read More…

Sorry but I was watching the fisheye effect pertaining to the surface.

Yes there is that fisheye effect. But it is better than the soft corner that a rectiliner lens has. I would rather have that then the soft edges.
Dustin

Back
Top Bottom