Sealife Sea Dragon 2000 video light, or Sola 2000 F video light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snorkymn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone used either of these lights? I was looking at getting a video light for my Sealife DC1400, but hadn't heard any reviews yet on the new Sealife video light. I can get them at the same price right now.. No o-rings on the Sola, 2 o-rings on the Sea Dragon, which you have to lube quite frequently apparently. But Sea Dragon has 100 degree flood, Sola only 90 degree.

Any suggestions?

Anyone used either of these lights? I was looking at getting a video light for my Sealife DC1400, but hadn't heard any reviews yet on the new Sealife video light. I can get them at the same price right now.. No o-rings on the Sola, 2 o-rings on the Sea Dragon, which you have to lube quite frequently apparently. But Sea Dragon has 100 degree flood, Sola only 90 degree.

Any suggestions?

I have a sola 2000F (video only) and absolutely LOVE IT!!! I used to have a sealife camera and I'm sure that their video light is good quality but the Sola is awesome...I HIGHLY recommend it. I am using an Ikelite housing with a canon HFS100 HD 1080 camcorder and I get great underwater video. At present I only have one of these lights but I plan on getting a second one very soon. I am getting and would recommend getting the Sola 2000 S/F video/dive version for a $100 dollars more, then you can use it for video and as a great dive light ...and there is a goodman handle available for it. I guarantee you WILL NOT BE disappointed!!!

Cheers,

Chet Diplock
250-462-0260

How much do the the Sola 2000's cost ? They were pretty expensive when they 1st came out. Wondering if competition has forced L&M to bring their pricing down.

Is your main focus with the DC1400, photo, video or both equally ?

I decided on the Sea Dragon due to the fact that it has a user replaceable battery which means you can carry a spare battery and you won't be stuck with a dead light or NO light because you had to leave it behind to charge.
Plus the Sea Dragon compartments are separately sealed. The light and controls are sealed separately from the battery compartment so if by chance the battery compartment leaks the light is not toast, you've just lost a battery. IMHO a big plus and good thinking on Sea Life's part.

I have Sola 2000. Absolutely love it. I had it for a year now. works great. Battery life isn't bad.
I shot this video at night with Sola 2000 (gopro2).

I've got about 4 dives on my Sola 2500F's and absolutely love them so far. Light spread and intensity is excellent. My only regret is perhaps not getting the 4000's :)

Back
Top Bottom