Gobe lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They looked pretty good. You can't go wrong with a SOLA. The only thing I don't like about it is the sealed battery so 1.5 hours is all you got.

Surely excellent quality and small. There are also other products from inon and big blue on similar specs especially inon $219 700 lumens 70 degrees wide

Big Blue has their new AL900XWP 900 lumen light out with a red and yellow warming flip filters for only $159 - about half the price of the Gobe. And it includes a YS mount, mounts are extra for the Gobe.

Not a bad light for the money, the switch takes a little getting used to. Comes with one rechargeable battery, but they are cheap and easy to find.

VL900-2.jpg

I would not bother with the al900xwp they are too wide and will loose effectiveness at very short distance
Big blue does the al900wp that are 85 degrees those are excellent fit for wide angle and will feel more punchy up to 3 feet

You absolutely can go wrong with Sola. Do a search for all the problems people have with them. I bought a Sola 1200 photo. It lasted 20minutes into the first dive before going kaput. Its been 7 months, and i'm still waiting on my warranty claim. I even had my dealer chase them down in DEMA, and was just told its Hong Kong's problem. At this point, i've written them off. And if its not the light, its the charger. On my last live aboard, one of the fellow divers charger failed half way through the trip. Poor lad had to ration his remaining charge for 4 days. They're great when they work... there's not much you can do when they don't but wait and wait and wait for them to fix it.

I have about 60 dives with my gobe 700 shooting stills and some video. Has worked perfectly so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom