Reef and Shark feeding Scuba Trip-Nassau, Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Scuba friends,

Recently I dove in the bahamas and got some great footage of the reefs and two awesome shark dive experiences. I am really happy with the way the video turned out!

Thought I would share this with you guys:

[video=youtube;HggH0vcBVsw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HggH0vcBVsw[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HggH0vcBVsw

It is long so if you just want to see the cool shark footage the 13 minute mark is a good place to start. Make sure to change the settings to HD. I cut down hours of footage and added music for your enjoyment into a nice 17 minute package.

Thanks,

Jim

Shot with GoPRO 3+ black with SRP mount and red filter! Edited in Adobe Premeire

The shark dives are great fun.

Not sure if this is the gopro 3 or what but there is an horrible image distortion (pincushion) at the edges, is very apparent when anything moves in the frame. I do not have this problem on my hero2

The video is good but I would say 14 minutes too long

Wow,
Apparently your Mommy never taught you the if you don't have anything nice to say.... rule?!?? All 150 of my high school students and friends and family must have missed that "horrible image distortion". I have also missed it rewatching before this post. I do agree it is long, but warned ya and gave you a good place to start- 13 minute mark. Thought taking 3 hours of footage and whittling it down to 17 minutes was pretty good! The camera as per original description above, if you read the post, says it is with a GoPro 3+ black edition.

Thanks for the comment,

JIM

Did you post it here to improve I was thinking if not then so be it. There is a difference between a 20 minutes edit that may work for your friends and family (though they will likely fall asleep anyway) and something for the rest of the world. Check your YouTube statistics and see the audience retention that will show how may people watch your video in full. With an excellent one people drop after 3' just to give you an idea

Yes, 17 minutes is long- why I put the start at 13 minute mark quote in the original description- that would get you the 3 minutes which is what you suggested. I checked that statistic on YouTube you mentioned- I am at 4:29 so you are correct that nobody is really viewing the whole movie. That is a cool statistic I didn't even know about! Honestly, its fine people are bopping around- I didn't want to take the time to make a second video for strangers on the web- they can pick the 4 minutes 29 seconds they want to watch!

I am interested in improving and your horrible distortion comment for improvement- this was my first video ever! I don't see it but don't know what to look for- Maybe it is a youtube issue cause my 1080 HD version could n't be clearer in my eyes- I was extremely happy about how it came out going into the dive "blind" as a first time user! Feel like its above in clarity 90 percent of the dive videos on Youtube- thanks to the equipment- not the rookie videographer!

Thanks,
JIM

In the distortion would not be your fault in shooting but maybe in editing? Seems a bit squashed did you preserve the original aspect ratio?

---------- Post added April 12th, 2014 at 02:20 PM ----------

Right I had another look at this
There are few weird things the video stops at 17:00 but is marked as 20:00 long
Have you let youtube stabilise the video ? That would explain the warp effect and distortion

quick question:
Should I let them stabalize or not??
Thanks,

In my experience the youtube stabilizer sucks. Do a preview and see what you think. When I need stabilize, I generally use windows movie maker (it's free if you're on windows) and then upload to youtube.

What's with the guy at 13:00 that kept thumbing the dive? Nobody appeared to react!

Holy S**t. Those two black grouper were huge. Looks like at least 80 lbs. Nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom