Mucky Secrets - The Marine Creatures of the Lembeh Strait - Weekly Series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubblevision

Contributor
Reaction score
I have completed my documentary, "Mucky Secrets", about the fascinating marine creatures of the Lembeh Strait.

Last year I posted a prologue video. Now, finally, here is the first episode, which introduces Lembeh's location at the heart of the Coral Triangle, and takes a look at corals and tunicates.

The camera was in a Light & Motion Bluefin HD housing with a flat port, and I used a Century +3.5 achromatic diopter for most of the macro shots. I used Light & Motion Elite (halogen) lights on most shots.

This will be a weekly YouTube series over the next few months, so I'll come back and post future episodes on this thread.

As always, honest feedback is welcome - positive, neutral or negative.

Very nice video, was sad when it stopped! Looking forward to seeing the whole thing

Thanks guys.

This week's episode looks at the symbiotic relationship between saddleback clownfish and Lembeh's sea anemones. Partner shrimps also live in symbiosis with sea anemones and corals. We then meet emperor shrimps hitchhiking on sea cucumbers. Finally we encounter Lembeh's mantis shrimps and their amazingly advanced eyes.

Subscribed. This is EXTREMELY well done, both on the videography and on the narration and the information offered.

Great stuff - heading out to Lembeh again in October - looking forward to knowing more before I go :)

Thanks again. Darnold9999, I'll have the whole documentary published by then, so hopefully you can get some useful info from it.

This week's episode features squat lobsters, hermit crabs, true crabs and sea urchins. The highlight is a male box crab clinging onto his chosen mate from behind, carrying her everywhere with him until she is ready to mate.

Seriously annoyed that the place I am staying in MX has internet access too slow to watch videos!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom