Palau video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Palau, one of the most amazing (and expensive) places to dive.... but it can still pour down with rain for a week!
Anyway, here's 8 minutes or so of the highlights. Pana GH2, hack: 50 Mbps, GOP 3, 720/50p, edited in Sony Vegas MS 13.

Cheers,
Matt
[video=vimeo;92704941]https://vimeo.com/92704941[/video]

The close up work is fabulous and I like some of the edit and shots at slow shutter speeds

On the technical side seems like there is a bit of pincushion distortion at the wide end and also a bit of banding when you shoot blue together with some vignetting or dark corners.
The optical issues could be the flat port and/or the lens but the banding is the H264 compression that panasonic uses I had the same issue with the LX7 what I did was to pump the black in the editing and the banding would disappear

Hi Interceptor121,
thanks very much indeed for your comments. On some of the shots I think there are dark corners because of the way I'd wedged a sanitary towel into my housing, forcing the camera a few millimetres back from the port. Increasing the contrast in post hasn't helped either! Distortion - what can we do? choose between barrel or pincushion, basically. The key advantage of a flat port, as I see it, is the ease with which you can use a red filter, but I think I'm in the minority here.
Slo-mo/slow shutter - I was trying to be a bit artistic, but I suspect this is just a phase I'm going through, and I'll probably grow out of it soon!
Cheers,
Matt

Do you have an m67 thread on your housing? If so I recommend a wetmate for the wide shots. It makes the image really crisp

I like the shutter speed bit some of our videos at times get a bit boring so that was a good idea

Matdiver.....Good job. Keep up the good work. I enjoyed this video. That's what they're for!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom