Video Tray & Light For Go Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FTD 83

Registered
Reaction score
Currently using a Go Pro Hero 3 on a pole, no lighting and red correction filter. I'm a bit disappointed with the wobbly footage and I'd just like to increase the quality in general. I'm thinking about getting a tray with a flood light, I do most of my diving in Musandam, Oman at around 15m deep with general visibility of 15-20m.

Any opinion or advice? I'm currently looking at Sealife's Dragon 1200 or 2000. I don't want to spend too much as I'll hopefully be looking to upgrade the whole setup to something a bit more "proper" in 6-12 months time.

This was shot on my last dive so it gives you an example of conditions and the results I'm getting - Ras Lima, Musandam - www.scubaUAE.com - YouTube

Also, I want to start charging the batteries outside the camera direct from the mains. Any recommendation on the chargers out there?

Thanks

Hi, putting the gopro on a tray with the dragon 2000 would work well. It may help the color of your video to add a red filter even with video lights. There is a 3-1 flip accessory made for gopro that offers a filter pkg for different depths.
~ R

Back
Top Bottom