Rick and Susie's Bonaire Trip June 21 - July 13th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick_C

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I just spent three weeks on Bonaire. Much of our time was spent underwater shooting video with the GoPro as well as underwater photography. We were fortunate and found some cool and cooperative subjects. Here's the video we put together of our stay:

[video=youtube_share;-1TQKWzoZzk]http://youtu.be/-1TQKWzoZzk[/video]

Just back from 2 1/2 weeks there and on Aruba and still editing my footage. You sure got some interesting critters including several I didn't see while down there. Nice that the turtle swam toward you and enjoyed the reef squid. The tarpon and schoolmaster grabbing munchies was cool. One question: were you using a red filter in the shallows. Some of the footage looks too warm. If so,a flip away red filter would allow you to use it in deeper water and flip it away in the shallows.

Just back from 2 1/2 weeks there and on Aruba and still editing my footage. You sure got some interesting critters including several I didn't see while down there. Nice that the turtle swam toward you and enjoyed the reef squid. The tarpon and schoolmaster grabbing munchies was cool. One question: were you using a red filter in the shallows. Some of the footage looks too warm. If so,a flip away red filter would allow you to use it in deeper water and flip it away in the shallows.

I think you are right about the red filter tip. I did use it on all the day dives regardless of depth. A lot of our night dives were spent looking for little critters to photograph and I mainly whipped out the gopro for the larger stuff. So, we also found some cool critters that got photographed but not filmed.

Back
Top Bottom