Lobster Hunting Fail!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took my wife on a lobster dive. It was a fail:

[video=youtube_share;8zbOLL5dC1E]http://youtu.be/8zbOLL5dC1E[/video]

Great video! I love the sound effects. I been out three times since opening day in the San Diego area and the vis was pretty poor. All the lobster we saw were under sized. Looks like you found an area with great viability and bugs. I am trying to get my wife to try bug hunting as well
I am going to her show this clip, lets see what she thinks. I will definitely have to take her "only" when this viz is very good or she will get freaked out!

Haha, that video is excellent!!!

Great video.

Sorry for the silly question, but you can you use a net to catch the little buggers ?

Great video.

Sorry for the silly question, but you can you use a net to catch the little buggers ?

It depends on the location. In California divers can only use their gloved hands, no hooked devices or nets. It's my understanding that in Florida divers use a variety of contraptions...

Liked the video. Thanks for the many LOL...quite refreshing....haha

Sent from Tapatalk mobile

Funny video. Was diving Pt. Loma Kelp beds yesterday during the day time. Saw a lot of the critters. Peered into one lobster trap and there were about 8 of them. They all looked about the same size. Do you get any of the larger ones like we do off NC?

Andre2lobsters.jpg 2lobstersxxx.jpg

It depends on the location. In California divers can only use their gloved hands, no hooked devices or nets. It's my understanding that in Florida divers use a variety of contraptions...

Interesting... that makes it a little more sporting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom