reviews on the SJ4000?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nigel Psalm Yap

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Guys,

I just want to know if anyone has tried the sj4000? Is it worth the buy or would you rather go for a gopro? :coffee:

my friend got a shot with the sj4000 at 30m, this is what she got. the rest were blurry :l
10678508_10152736743868815_3359214680699198793_n.jpg

Last edited:
I like filming some videos use my blackview sport camera, i think the blackview dv800a and dv800b are better than sj4000,if you want to buy sjcam, I think you should buy sj5000+ , sj4000 is not good now . Some pictures i find from the blackview website www.szdome.com

s[1]_vejvbdxcnfgd81425106020.jpg

Hi Nigel

I have got Sj4000

wee video from cold water diving with SJ4000
[video=youtube;Dom15OMVsHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dom15OMVsHs[/video]

this is a good action cam to start
I mean you can learn how to use it how to make diving video and quality is good ...
you've got LCD display, build quality is good, battery life again ok
but after few months I decided to move to Gopro Hero4 Silver and difference in quality is really huge (same as price)

so I would say Sj4000 is good to start

These were shot with the SJ4000 as well... great cam. You have to make sure you buy it from the right place though, some retailers sell counterfeits. Check the SJCAM website or foxoffer.

[video=youtube;jdQi08bMJOk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdQi08bMJOk[/video]

[video=youtube;wQy_LXGYfn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQy_LXGYfn0[/video]

I've only found that their cases are waterproof to 30m. Santa Rosa wall you can be there and not even realize it so pushing the 30m has me leery of buying this

My SJ4000 shuts down at around 30 m. I think the housing flexes and squeezes the power button or the pressure pushes the power button in :-( .

My SJ4000 shuts down at around 30 m. I think the housing flexes and squeezes the power button or the pressure pushes the power button in :-( .

Yeah, so im at below 50 feet, push the on button, came comes on and shuts off. Worked ok coming up at 40 feet. Anybody got a workarounx for this? Thanks.

---------- Post added July 26th, 2015 at 02:45 PM ----------

I think i will put a penny below the on button and see if that gets some separation. Anyone got any other ideas?

Got 3 SJ4000 for my student for fish survey.

Because I dont want to spend too much for their fieldwork in case they lost it or flood it.

Unfortunately they flood two of them and one got a bit water inside at 10-15m depth.

Two of them are totally dead and I am trying to contact with the seller but no response so far.

People might said because they are cheap MIC stuff, however, I bought two GoPro hero3+ for myself and they leak too.

The only different is the SJ4000 got a whole flood and camera died. GoPro only got water around power button and it survived from few leak events.

I am now looking for other cheap brand to try my luck, since my research involve a lot of photos/video recording.

Any advice?

Several companies make cameras called the SJ4000. The original is made by SJCam. The SJCam sj4000 is good enough to compare favorably with The GoPro camera's in video quality. Mine has made six dives, but I haven't taken it beyond 40' yet. The advantage of the SJCam is cost. $85 is a lot less than $299.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom