First video - Advice please - Cenote - Intova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello scuba board,

I've been reading posts for a long time on this forum and finally decided to register!

I've completed my first scuba diving video about 6 month ago. Now that winter is coming and that I will be less busy diving (I live in Canada and I am not certified ice diving yet) I will be editing more videos I filmed from different trips.

I would like some advice. what software do you use, soundtrack, settings, lengths, platform and so on.
My first video can be seen here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtfR-U6n04c (I know it has a lot of noise, it's because I will need to invest in better lights).
I use an intova sport hd II.

Cheers,

Yan

I really liked it but you definitely need better lights :) Very nice editing, you told a story, short segments, interesting footage, and you worked with the camera and lights limitations to capture some really cool scenes despite the grain etc.
With a hero4 and set of solas you could be putting out some really nice videos.
For editing software I've been using cyberlink powerdirector. Seems to work well enough for my amateur needs but looking around video editing forums, adobe seems like the top choice.

I could see the noise you were referring to. Do you know what your Intova is set at for frame rate and whether it is set for 720, 960 or 1080? I found with my GoPro Hero that if I set it lower than 60 fpm (?) my video would come out choppy and tile. You definitely could use some better lights but like AngloFish said you did a nice job with what you have so far. I was not bored with your video at all. As for lights, from what I have learned so far, a good wide angle beam that is not too intense would work good. There are several dive lights on the market that are inexpensive that match that criteria. To edit my videos I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio 11 but only because I got it cheap. It is a full on video editing program and takes a bit of learning but it works really good for me. I did go to GoPro's website and try their free editor. It is very basic but gives good results from what I have seen do far.

Good luck with your editing, it can become addicting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom