how to maximize the use of a gopro? filters, etc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I just purchased the gopro hero 4 silver - I bought it for mainly topside use, but figure if I got it, might as well try it underwater. Does anyone have any advice of on how to get the most out of it? What types of filters are available? I know getting a sweet set of lights is best, but I am not looking to shell out that kind of money that is likely needed to get a great picture.

Also, what type of editing software is most user friendly for a non-computer expert like me? I have a mac if that changes things

thanks!

---------- Post added February 1st, 2015 at 08:11 AM ----------

just saw there is an entire forum dedicated to this - so I will check that out!

---------- Post added February 1st, 2015 at 08:11 AM ----------

just saw there is an entire sub-forum dedicated to this - will check that out

Does anyone have any advice of on how to get the most out of it? What types of filters are available? [...] Also, what type of editing software is most user friendly for a non-computer expert like me? I have a mac if that changes things

Scotttdy,

This web page has my suggestions for set-up and settings for no-light Hero4 use: Easy One-Button Scuba Photos with GoPro Hero4. (David Newman of GoPro gave me some feedback on the settings).

As far as editing, I've found the free GoPro Studio software useful for editing straight-forward videos.

- Carl

Hey Scotty,
The GoPro filter is sturdy and simple and around $50 and will improve your footage three-fold.

The Facebook user group is there for you: FB underwater GoPro User Group which is a great source for questions and tips

I wrote a book for GoPro Users: The Underwater GoPro Book available on iTunes for mac users and iPads, or I can send you a PDF.

If you live on the East Coast of the USA I'm giving workshops at the Boston Sea Rovers and at Beneath the Sea in March. Should be really fun.

Good luck with it all and feel free to ask questions on the Facebook group.

Pete

good info

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom