Why is my video not as crisp? (GoPro?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dpspaceman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Alright, now that I am working on finalizing my set-up for my CoCoView trip in September , LOL (thanks Toozler for tips on affordable tray set-up, etc.)... I have a question that is more generic.

Why is my video not as crisp as the one below?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU3CKj0iAjA

This video is in a dive site I have done, and I'm not sure if they are using a GoPro, though it looks like it AND with no filter at bat, but the clarity is just so crystal clear vs. what my GoPro white takes. I'm wondering if this is the difference between GoPro white and a higher version or if there is something else going on here. Clearly there was no post-production color correction, however I find the clarity to be so nice.

My videos again are GPD ADVENTURES - YouTube

I use iMovie to color correct post dive as well as a polarpro red filter.

THANKS!

So, are you shooting in 1080? Correct depth filter? GoPro 2, 3 or 4? White edition?
I have a 3 black and shoot in 1080 wide and use the Backscatter 3.1 filter ensemble. Post process in Final Cut Pro at 1080. Picts come out sharper and color trued better than the reference video.

I am shooting gopro hero 3 white edition in the highest it has available which is 1080 according to the gopro using polar pro red filter... Post process iMovie at 1080...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added February 26th, 2015 at 09:47 AM ----------

Anyone??

The optics of the white aren't the best I know for sure. And please ditch the Polar Pro. It's crap (in my opion). Use Backscatter or Snakeriver Prototyping filters.

True, optics on the White are not as sharp. Also, it does not offer any 4K. The 3 black has 4K but at a low frame rate and that doesn't work well for underwater action shots.

Definitely move on up to the Backscatter 3.1 and while you are at it call them and see what they can do to help out on an upgrade to a 4 or a 3+Black. E-Bay and Amazon deals can be had.

The Hero3 white will shoot in 1080P-30 and that will produce crisp beautiful HD video. First check the camera settings then get a better filter, I like the Backscatter. If you are not sure of how to set the camera up post the current settings or PM them to me and I will be glad to help you.

I believe I turned protune off and no antifog strip because my camera never fogs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom