Simple Question--Black or Silver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
I want to mount it (Hero camera) atop my FIX S90. How would I do that?

Which Hero cam should I get and why and does it need the UW case for normal depth diving?

Thanks.
James

Am I overlooking something? No, there are no lights though both strobes have a modeling light that is quite strong. I see my use of the GoPro on this rig as secondary. My primary is of course my old S90/FIX camera doing mostly close focus and wide angle shots. But the GoPro is just to fill in all the other things I occasionally miss with taking stills.

I have the GoPro set for 1080P/30FPS and Superview and with Quick Capture set to ON. I figure to let the GoPro ride passively atop the rig and then I will turn it on when a video opportunity arises. This way I should be able to get two full dives (as I can with my S90) before battery change.

For getting on/off the boat I fold the strobes under my DIY tray and then fold the GoPro either forward or backwards, not sure yet. That way I can pass the camera to the deck crew as I always do with them grabbing it by the rubber strap fixed between the handles.

IMG_1120_zpsgf10pyut.jpg

IMG_1121_zpsmu9exidw.jpg

Any obvious flaws?

Oh, I went with the Silver in the end as I cannot use most of the Black advantages and this GoPro is secondary now and in future cameras I may purchase when I finally retire/sell the S90 rig. I had a large store credit from another fiasco with Cabela's and a birthday gift card to the same store, so, this is what I partially cashed out with. I also got the three way narci-stick and an extra battery and charger and still have plenty over for some other stuff.

N

I am not an expert by any means but that looks good to me. I have seen a lot of rigs set up similar to that. Keep in mind that unless your GoPro loads up faster than my Hero 2 does you might want to deal with the battery change and leave it on all the time. Mine takes several seconds to start up.

Back
Top Bottom