Recommendations on housings for video-camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marciohaas

Reaction score
Hi there,
I've just joined scubaboard. Can someone please comment on your experiences with video housings? I have a Sony PC-105 and I am scared with the price-tag at Amphibico and Gate.
From what I browsed online, two alternatives would be USVH and Ocean Images. Light and Motion too?
I have used an old Dive Buddy Amphibico (rented from a dive shop in the Bahamas) and a mechanic-controled Ikelite. I want to stay away from mechanical controls.
Do you also know something about differences in the quality of the optical acessories (filters, wide-angle)?
Looking forward to hear from you.

marciohaas:
Hi there,
I've just joined scubaboard. Can someone please comment on your experiences with video housings? I have a Sony PC-105 and I am scared with the price-tag at Amphibico and Gate.
From what I browsed online, two alternatives would be USVH and Ocean Images. Light and Motion too?
I have used an old Dive Buddy Amphibico (rented from a dive shop in the Bahamas) and a mechanic-controled Ikelite. I want to stay away from mechanical controls.
Do you also know something about differences in the quality of the optical acessories (filters, wide-angle)?

I bought a housing from USVH and have so far been very pleased and impressed with it. As you mentioned, they use electronic controls. The control layout is easy to access and maintenance is fairly simple.
Unfortunately I am not familiar with the quality differences between the different available accessories you mention.

Good luck,

Jeff

marciohaas:
Hi there,

Hi there

I am an old USVH user and have one for sale, look at my thread here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=93462

I am ready to answer any questions you have!

mark colclough

Back
Top Bottom