Truk Lagoon - Airplane Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanshutter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to post a recent video I took while in Truk Lagoon. This is a short film of the 'Betty Bomber' Airplane wreck. It's a fun and mellow dive. It also happens to be a very photogenic wreck.
I shot this with my trusty Canon 5d, and all of it is shot with natural light, with the exception of when I am inside, in which I do use some sola lights. I also used the new Canon 16-35mm F4L lens. It has a very good image and relatively sharp corners. Much better than the 17-40mm.
As always, Comments, Likes and Shares are appreciated.
Enjoy!
Dustin

[video=vimeo;124876424]https://vimeo.com/124876424[/video]

Or Youtube

[video=youtube;6XF4redU_GE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XF4redU_GE[/video]

I like your videos, especially the 18 years thing. I can see the advantages to take a Canon 5D for filming instead of genuine video cams or action cams. The optical quality is really nice. I like your editing. Well done!

I like your videos, especially the 18 years thing. I can see the advantages to take a Canon 5D for filming instead of genuine video cams or action cams. The optical quality is really nice. I like your editing. Well done!

Thank you very much. I haven't yet posted 18 years in too many spots, but thank you. What most people don't understand is that your lens is a huge factor in image quality. Cameras are pretty good now days, normally it's the lens that holds the camera back now. Canon also excels at custom white balance. No other camera can compete with it. This is huge for the colors.
thanks again for watching.
dustin

---------- Post added May 21st, 2015 at 08:59 AM ----------

Great video, the colour and viz looks so good. Truk is definitely on my 'wish list'.

Thank you! I wouldn't consider myself a die hard wreck person, but Truk was fascinating for me. If I were you, and it was on my bucket list, I would get down there as soo. As you can. The wrecks are deteriorating, and in 15 years it won't be the same place.

---------- Post added May 21st, 2015 at 09:01 AM ----------

Excellent video. You're camera handling is great. So steady it makes me jealous. :acclaim:

Thanks. I have always struggled with keeping my wide angle shots steady. I made an effort this trip to work on that. The opening shot, I tried 4 different times because I kept shifting the camera to much. Lol. It turned out ok after the 4th shot.

Back
Top Bottom