8 Days of Cave Dive Training - The Movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FreddySwe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I hope you will enjoy my brand new movie I just finished editing, and uploaded to youtube. The movie is from our trip to Mexico in Jan 2015.
This is a big one, and should show lot's of nice Cave footage, skills, and I have tried to explain the skills/training that we are doing. Don't forget to watch on a large screen in full quality with good speakers..

[video=youtube;kQyekjC5URY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQyekjC5URY[/video]

I will work on a better quality Vimeo version in a couple of hours.
Enjoy.. :D

/ Freddy

P.S. Maybe I shold post this in some other forums here? It's hard to know what forum is the correct one. UWVideo?/Cave/Sidemount? :wink:

---------- Post added May 11th, 2015 at 09:10 PM ----------

If you have any questions I will happily try to reply to them..

Great video - I have been watching it during my lunch breaks at work.

I remember doing blindfolded drills following the line, dealing with simulated flows, air turned off (and switching to the pony backup), loosing contact with the line and being 'punished' by being pushed away from the line and having to do a lost line search while blindfolded, something that always feels like it is taking too long. Important training of course, but also good, challenging fun. I was doing this with Andy Davis on his overhead protocols course (Overhead Environment | Advanced Wreck Diving Course | Subic Bay) while wreck diving in Subic bay - a perfect way to spend a month and my money. That's diving I won't forget.

But I also would like to see the inside of caves one day. Who were you training with?

MT

Thank you. It's the same for me. I will never forget all the fun we had during training. The lost line training we did took about 30 min or so to complete as Steve pushed us far from the line. In the video It looks like we completed it quickly. We did the training with Steve Martin sidemounting.com

Here is also a Vimeo version. I think it's a bit better quality..

[video=vimeo;127544508]https://vimeo.com/127544508[/video]

I couldn't stop watching it, even though I'm supposed to be doing something else. Such beautiful video, and such lovely views of some fabulous places. And I really enjoyed the annotation and the explanation of the skills and the mistakes. This is really cool account of what cave training is like. And I smiled at all the places I recognized!

Last edited:
I just finished the video, and I continued to enjoy it. But I was a bit amazed you guys couldn't complete the Cuzan Nah circuit. That's our customary shakedown dive for each trip, and we make it all the way around on thirds of double 80s. BTW, if you go back, the jump off the middle of that circuit is gorgeous.

I just finished the video, and I continued to enjoy it. But I was a bit amazed you guys couldn't complete the Cuzan Nah circuit. That's our customary shakedown dive for each trip, and we make it all the way around on thirds of double 80s. BTW, if you go back, the jump off the middle of that circuit is gorgeous.
I think we spent a little bit too much time on deploying reels, or moved to slow, we did have a bottom time of 182min for the two dives. And we were fairly close to completing it. It's a good reason to return. 😀

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom