Exploring the Pit - Part 1 of 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Add Helium

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

Here is the first of 5 videos we have highlighting Add Helium’s ongoing exploration of the Pit, part of the Dos Ojos Cave system in Tulum, Mexico.
In addition to measuring guideline distances, the dive team performed a series of bailout exits while swimming and scootering – all to help plan future dive logistics.

Enjoy.

[video=youtube;EzrW1qQcK2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzrW1qQcK2U[/video]

Looks awesome! I was in The Pit a few days ago and got a couple great pictures. Can't wait to see the rest of your footage.

Are you guys working on connecting the Pit with the Blue Abyss? I seem to remember there was a European solo diver who was doing that.

Are you guys working on connecting the Pit with the Blue Abyss? I seem to remember there was a European solo diver who was doing that.

Hello,

Right now we are currently just exploring to see where it goes. The cave has been vastly under-explored due to it's depth, and issues associated with deep cave diving in the middle of Mexico. We've been slowly building an infrastructure there to push the exploration further.

A diver by the name of Krystof performed several dives in 2010 and 2011 to push the mainline to where it ends today. We are 1) looking to see if there is anything past where he pushed, and 2) to see if there are any side passages we (or anyone else) has missed.

Where this system leads? Who knows. We are really at the start of what could be a multi-year project.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom