for short videos: s120 or gopro hero 4 silver? Please, help me decide...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nanerl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,

I really need your help!

I need a new kit to make short videos while diving and snorkeling.

I can't make up my mind. Could you help me decide? Or come up with something I haven't even considered yet? My choices:

1) gopro hero 4 silver + blurfix so naked + macromate mini + red filter
2) s120 + canon housing (40 m)

Budget: about 700 euros. I'm trying to avoid buying lights and rigs and I'd love my new kit to be small and light weight.

What I want to be able to to: short videos of everything from whales, corals, barracudas, till nudibranch and even a pygmy seahorse. And sometimes a short selfie video. I'm really not too demanding about the quality of my videos/photos. I don't mind a bit of backscatter, for instance. I don't mind if it shakes a little. Till now, I haven't been post processing things.

Thank you so much for reading and for your help!!!

Well, the main thing was that I've visited a shop and have seen it from up close. It's tiny. I pack very light when I travel, like less than 20 lb for a 7 weeks trip. For my next trip, I intend to take no more than 15 lb of luggage (6 weeks traveling/diving in Fiji and Indonesia). The tiny size and light weight fit with my lifestyle. Then, I was thinking: if I buy the s120, I'll end up needing something for wider angle videos. If I buy the gopro, I'll need something for small/closer/macro. At the end of the day, putting all of it together. I decided for the gopro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom