Veho Muvi K2 NPNG cam - need a red filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crzyfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm headed to the US Virgin Islands for some dives. I have the Veho Muvi HD NPNG kit and just bought the new K2 NPNG kit. The last time I used the HD was in the Bahamas at Stewart's Cove/Heineken dive sites, and CoCo Cay - no filters, so everything was blue and green. Even with software editing, I couldn't squeeze out much color definition. I'm hoping the new K2 kit works out better.

Veho hasn't released a filter for their case, yet, so I'm making due with whatever I can find. I found a sticky filter that may fit inside the case, made for GoPro. I'm hoping this will work.

Any suggestions regarding color filters? I'm making a tray for the Veho to steady my shots. I used a DIY selfie stick for the HD last time. It was handy for helping to pull along my dive buddy, too. :D

Lee Filters sells Red Filter by the sheet in various gradations. LEE Filters - Masters of light

A quick look at the Veho site seems to indicate they've blacked out the edges of the housing so that could be a good place to sort out some sort of attachment that wouldn't be seen - maybe small dots of velcro? I think I'd go inside since you might see the "flex" if you mounted it externally.

PM ronscuba here - he posted once about which Lee Filter to use. Different camera but it shouldn't matter much - magenta is magenta.

Just wondered how you got on with this camera. I purchased the same thing, it is fantastic above the water but haven't quite mastered it below. We live in Oman, so even if filters were available we wouldn't be able to buy them here. We have got hold of some acetate and some other red plastic, so we are going to see how that works as a makeshift filter. I just wondered if you had any other tips for getting the most out of the camera, are there particular settings we should use to get the best pictures and videos?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom