Replacing battery for L&M Sola 4000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2ge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi guys,

I bought 2 lights Sola 4000 3 years ago (out of warranty), and one light doesn't charge properly - it is charged within 3-5 minutes and then light last for 30 seconds. So my best guess battery is gone.

I saw thread for replacing battery in "smaller" SOLA lights, so I decided to open my 4000. Well, it was quite easy, and battery is laying on my table, but!

I can not find on internet any similar battery. So if somebody helps me, I would be really happy. Here comes all infos written on battery:

GP Li-Ion Battery
Part No: NTL0180101
Voltage: 11.1V 47.18Wh
Capacity: 4250 mAh
Date Code: GB
Plant Code: T
Made in China...

Dimensions: 7cm x 5.7 cm x 4cm, I am attaching also photo:
IMG_0018.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Cut the heat shrink off and see what the individual cells are.

Good idea. Inside is 3x Sonata 4400 (Boston Power).
Boston-Power-Sonata-4400-37-Volt-4400mAh-Li-Ion.jpg
That would be much easier to find out.

One more thing - do you think I should order also 3x Sonata for other light ? It is working properly for now...

Hi guys,

I bought 2 lights Sola 4000 3 years ago (out of warranty), and one light doesn't charge properly - it is charged within 3-5 minutes and then light last for 30 seconds. So my best guess battery is gone.

I saw thread for replacing battery in "smaller" SOLA lights, so I decided to open my 4000. Well, it was quite easy, and battery is laying on my table, but!

I can not find on internet any similar battery. So if somebody helps me, I would be really happy. Here comes all infos written on battery:

GP Li-Ion Battery
Part No: NTL0180101
Voltage: 11.1V 47.18Wh
Capacity: 4250 mAh
Date Code: GB
Plant Code: T
Made in China...

Dimensions: 7cm x 5.7 cm x 4cm, I am attaching also photo:
View attachment 217490

Thanks for any help.

GOOD DAY can you please advise how to safely open and replace the the Battery for the sola 4000 i got the same situation with my Sola 4000 , I open and replace the SOLA 2000f Battery before it was easy however after opening the 4000 Sola it looks deferent ,THANKS

Back
Top Bottom