manual white balance vs. filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How does using a manual white balance compare to using a color correction filter?

I ask this because Ocean Images offers an optional electronic control that gives access to the camera's LCD menu. With access to the menus I could set W/B off a dive slate. In theory this should produce more acurate color then a filter. But that's "theory". I'd like to hear from people who do actually use a manual W/B.

ChrisA:
How does using a manual white balance compare to using a color correction filter?

I ask this because Ocean Images offers an optional electronic control that gives access to the camera's LCD menu. With access to the menus I could set W/B off a dive slate. In theory this should produce more acurate color then a filter. But that's "theory". I'd like to hear from people who do actually use a manual W/B.

I get better results using manual white balance than auto white balance. I use the filter in both modes. IMHO, manual white balance is a very valuable feature and well worth the additional cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom