Panasonic GS 250 with Equinox Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divesherpa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am looking at picking up the Panasonic GS250 camera with a Equinox Pro Pak 6 housing. What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Jamie

I have been reading up on the GS250. It seems to be a nice camera. However I would consider taking a look at the new Sea & Sea housing for this camera series. It is quite nice, relatively inexpensive, nice accessory options, and same great quality from Sea & Sea. I spoke to my rep from Sea & sea and they are quite impressed with the camera quality, especially given the low price for a 3 chip camcorder.

Thanks for the suggestion. It seems that the housing is a couple of months away. Any indication on a price? Roughly?

Cheers,
Jamie

Divesherpa:
I am looking at picking up the Panasonic GS250 camera with a Equinox Pro Pak 6 housing. What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Jamie

You might also want to consider the Panasonic GS400 and Ocean Images housing.

Jamie I am told the housings are about ready to ship. I am supposed to get one in the next couple of weeks for demo. Pricing I do not have as of right now...

I would also take a look at the GS400 model which will fit the Sea & Sea housing.

H2OPhotoPro, I was looking at the Sea & Sea site and could not find the housing for the 250 or the 400? Where did you look? thankx

I called TJ at Equinox today to order the housing. Man, those are some nice folks. I picked up the camera at Ibuydigital for $725 or so. That's not a bad total.

How do you like the GS 120?

The GS-120 is a nice camera. The steady shot could be better but generally I like everything else. Very nice and great quality images.

I wanted to report on Ibuydigital.com for their performance. During the purchase call (800 number provided) I felt no hassle to buy other products. Their retail was less than 8% different than the crappy sellers. Not too shabby. The camera arrived within 20 hours (Plus camera for in-laws Canon A510) and was safely packaged.
I'm pretty happy with the camera and can't wait to shoot video. We are heading to the Dominican in 2 days to learn about shooting video.

Back
Top Bottom