UDT Equipment Repair and Service Class Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akdeepdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am interested in the regulator repair and field service class you offer, but before signing up, I had a few questions.
1. For part 1, I see I need to purchase the online classroom materials. Does this only consist of access to the videos? If so, how long will I have access to them? Do I have access for ever or does it expire? Can I download the materials for future reference?

2. Part 2 states "This will allow you to purchase regulator parts and service kits in order to complete your own annual service." What regulator brands does one receive certification for? Is the certification factory authorized? Finally, where will I be able to buy these service kits?

Any information would be helpful to help me decide to sign up for your course or not.

First off, I used to live on Oahu and my wife is from Kona. We will be returning as soon as I finish school, so ALOHA! (sorry, that was corny) I am a UTD diver and I am an instructor for multiple agencies as well as a repair technician. I work full time at a scuba shop. HOWEVER, I do not represent UTD and the shop I work at is not a UTD shop (sadly). I think I can still answer part of your question.

You asked which regulator brands do you receive certification for. It would be the UTD branded regs. I have heard that these are made for UTD by HOG, (but I have also heard that changed, but they still look like rebranded HOG regs). The certification would almost certainly have to be authorized by the factory in order for you to purchase the parts. I imagine you can purchase these kits through UTD's e-store and I also imagine that these kids would also work in some hog regs (but don't quote me on that).

I have purchase multiple classroom materials from UTD and I have never seen any kind of expiration. They consist of a combination of videos and narrated power points. It is possible to download the slideshows. However, I have never purchased the service class.

I hope I was helpful and please (anyone) let me know if I have given any incorrect information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom