I.D. Your Fossils

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sh@rkW@tcher

supreme yak diver in charge
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Here is a spot to post pictures of any fossil finds that you can't identify, and hopefully one of our experts can id it for you. Please include a general location of the discovery and use something for scale (ruler, coin).

Last edited:
Here are a couple for you to start with FossilBabe
PICT0008.jpg

Here are a couple for you to start with FossilBabe
PICT0008.jpg
Top of picture is a ball joint which connects to the either humerus or the ulna of a mammoth
I see 5 Mammoth teeth the 2 smaller on are called spit teeth.
The item under the mammoth teeth cant tell need a better picture of that item.
Next items are horse teeth, the items in between (smaller) looks like a gator tooth and a front incisor of a horse.
The others are all horse teeth
The very bottom tooth with the three we will call them humps is a bison tooth

Great, thanks. I knew I had three adult mammoth teeth, I thought I had 1 spit tooth, but I wasn't sure about the other. The item under the mammoth tooth that wasn't identified is a vertebrate of some type. thanks for I.D.ing the bison tooth also.

Great, thanks. I knew I had three adult mammoth teeth, I thought I had 1 spit tooth, but I wasn't sure about the other. The item under the mammoth tooth that wasn't identified is a vertebrate of some type. thanks for I.D.ing the bison tooth also.
Your quite welcome. Very nice finds! When did you say we were going?

As soon as the weather improves, we'll pick a day...

It appears to me to be the distal end of a femur (end by the knee).. I don't know what species though.. I can tell you it's pictured from the back (caudal aspect)...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom