Capt Bob Shark Tooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fossilbabe

Fossilbabe
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Since dive season is upon us, I thought it would be fun to start a new thread. As most of us know, for years Capt. Bob Morgan has been leaving beautifully painted sharks teeth througout the Venice area for all of us to find. This has been good for our local area to promote our sport. When a Bob "tooth" is found, why don't we post it? I know lots of you guys have found Bob's teeth in the past. As for me, on every drive to the dive and on every dive, i'm looking and hoping spot one! There are over 3000 teeth out there do you have one or two?

Site Location: (Alhambra, Service club, Sharkeys, S. Brohard, Casperson
Date:
Theme of Tooth: (example Dive tooth, Darth Vader, 9-11 , Gulf )
Size:
Serial number:

Not sure why all the different themes of each tooth but they all have a reason. I do know for example the 9-11 tooth was created because he wanted us to " NEVER FORGET"

Attachments

• DSC00640.jpg
    DSC00640.jpg
    524.1 KB · Views: 465
  • DSC00642.jpg
    DSC00642.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 332
Site Location: Alhambra
Date: June 26 2010
Theme of Tooth: Darth Vader
Size: 11"
Serial number: 3625

3625 is the number off the back! :D Now that is dedication! Can you imagine casting that many shark teeth then painting them. Leaving them for us to find and prize each one we get. I have a nice collection of them and this is my first Darth Vador tooth. I saw them last year but didnt find one until this year. Thanks Bob. I often wondered if he logged down each tooth he has hidden for us to find. The stories it could tell.

Attachments

• DSC00636.jpg
    DSC00636.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 873
The first 5" meg I found I thought was one of the fakes due to the appearance of the matrix. I was on the Hammerhead with Steve Thacker and did not want to show anyone until I could tell if the tooth was real or not...

That was six years ago and I have never seen the fakes anywhere.

We will be back around 7-13 and maybe will find one then...

I never heard of it either until I started reading some of the older post,and fossilbabe told me about it. I guess some of the locals know him better and seen him around.

Reef_Haven sorry she beat you to it. If you had been there about 30 minutes earlier.

You will find your soon! It was nice to meet you on the beach today did you find anything?

Nope! A few small teeth and a couple frags. Now that I think back, I think I may have actually seen a "BOB" on a sign. It never occured to me to try to remove it. I just thought it was placed there with the sign and was permanently attached.:dork2:

It may be fake but it would still be neat to find one on one of my trips down there.

I have Bob number 3237. Twas given to me by Bob himself, at Alhambra, a couple of years ago. Isn't he a great guy?!

I have known Bob for over 10 years now and he is wonderful. I emailed him asking him what the story was behind the darth vader tooth. He told me just wanted something painted different. He told me he makes many colors and that there are green ones for st pat day, blue ones, for deep blue water divers,purple for -lady divers. The list goes on and on about what he does. Not only does he make them for hanging, he made them for my scholarship auction. Every year he makes a 100 to give away at the auction in Feb each year. He has a heart of gold and he makes each and everyone one of these for the divers and people of venice. He is a special man and I guess from what I have heard not many people were aware of his shark tooth hangings!

Chase was driving to the site and I started screaming pull over pull over . Chase, he couldnt understand why I was trying to get him to stop. I got out of the truck and grabbed the shark tooth off the sign. Chase thought I was nuts until I explained the story behind them. Now he is looking to find his first Bob tooth. I want to have a collection of all the colors.

Bob Morgan is a great guy, and a real fountain of knowledge. I've got two of his teeth at home, one like 206 and another somewhere around 1500. My first "meg" was a Bob Morgan, and I remember suddenly seeing a tooth about as big as my arm. I was so excited and almost performed the warhammer, before I turned it over. It was painted to look realistic.

I love finding Bob's teeth. I'm glad he's still making them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom