shark tooth hunting buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ff1455

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Coming to punta gorda first week of june would like to do some beach diving hunting for shark teeth, any locals out there that might be interested in diving with me and showing me some good spots?

Sounds great, ill get in contact when vacation time gets closer and I know what day ill be diving the beach

Post a little closer to when you come down. If I'm open, I'll go with you.

Thanks for the reply reefguy I will message you a few weeks ahead of time and see what your schedule looks like, thanks in advance looking forward to meeting up for a dive

My family is staying in Punta Gorda for a week in mid June. I would like dive for teeth but I am also looking for snorkeling spots for my non-certified kids (13 & 14). Any suggestions? I would also appreciated any Punta Gorda related advice as this is our first trip to the area.
Thanks in advance.

Ditto on the recommendation for ReefGuy. He wrote the book on shark tooth hunting. Snorkel spots are tough to come by on this side. I often take snorkelers to Casperson Beach in Venice be cause there are inshore rocks which have a bit of life on them. The problem is getting good viz. Watch for east winds & go early before the afternoon onshore breezes kick in.

Point of rocks on Siesta Key for snorkeling thats probably the best in the area. I hope that helps

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom