fossil diving in northern Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian2828

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be in Florida at the end of the month and I would like to do some river dives for fossils. I've drifted the Santa Fe river and wouldn't mind going there again. I'll be traveling alone and would like to find others to meet up and with. Anybody interested? Any recommendations for finding a dive buddy in the area?

Thanks,
Brian

Are you just interested in finding fossils or want to river dive ????.....Peace River on the west coast [about an hour in-land from Venice] has fossils but it's wading....Venice is where most people go, but that's salt water......If you're driving down, Google 'fossils' here on SB...There's many rivers in SC, GA etc. that have good fossil hunting.........

I'd like to river dive for fossils. I'll be flying in to Tampa and will spend part of the week diving in Venice. I'm hoping that the rest of the week will be in the High Springs area. My previous dives on the Santa Fe river were very productive and the fossils were different than what I usually find in Venice (few shark teeth, lots of turtle and gator fossils). The Peace River is a good option for non-dive days...but swimming along the bottom is a lot more fun than wielding a shovel. South Carolina and Georgia will have to be another trip.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom