first open water snorkel flr son.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FCONN

Reaction score
Ths sunday I am planning a fathers day snorkel. Would like go to the stones off Alhambra.
Would some be willing to provide a beach referance and compass heading.

Extended calls for winds 10 to 15 ENE. Do youeel water should be calm around sunup Sunday

I don't know the compass headings but I do want to advise you of 2 things. 1) Viz may not be good enough to see anything snorkeling
2) Make sure you use a dive flag as there is high boat traffic in that area. I usually take snorkelers to Casperson as there is plenty to see around the rocks, when viz is good & I can keep them relatively close to shore. Just my opinion.

I don't know the compass headings but I do want to advise you of 2 things. 1) Viz may not be good enough to see anything snorkeling
2) Make sure you use a dive flag as there is high boat traffic in that area. I usually take snorkelers to Casperson as there is plenty to see around the rocks, when viz is good & I can keep them relatively close to shore. Just my opinion.

Dana is 100 % right blocks are okay but as a kid I always liked caperson better for snorkeling off the rocks... I would suggest a flag to keep all safe as well, ne winds should be okay for beach stuff

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom