Mammoth tooth found!! thanks for the tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gytwypt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Damn our trip is over. Got back to Missouri last Friday. After the week in Venice we drove up to DC before coming home. While DC was kinda cool to see I would have rather spent another week in Venice diving. My buddy and I made two dives Friday July 20th (our last full day in Venice) at Alhambra. I found a Mammoth tooth about 2/3rds through my first dive and lugged it around the last 1/3rd. We spent several hours in the water that week, but neither one of us found any megs or any shark teeth of size, found a few dugon bones a shark vert. I think and alot of small shark teth. Viz was bad if you asked anyone from there, but I am used to diving in lakes so I was happy with it. We had anywhere from .5-6or7ft. Either way I had alot of fun and I am ready to move if I could find work that paid close to what I make here. Might have to look into that. I work for myself installing replacement windows, did not look like to many people where worried about energy efficent windows in that area.
I am ready to come back. Other than renting a house is there any other decent places to stay around there? Maybe an investment property?

Also I just wanted to thank everyone that gave me tips prior to my vacation. I was getting around 2hrs a tank that last day so I am glad I did not haul that kayak down there. Thanks again everyone.
small tooth.jpg

Right. I have been to some real nice dive locals. Probably Belize being my favorite in that aspect, but I have the fossil bug pretty bad now. Ready to find that first big meg. I know its out there just need to figure out how to get down there more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom