Vintage Scuba Supply

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapro50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Has anyone use Vintage Scuba Supply to rebuild a double hose regulator? How did it turn out? I'm just about to sent them my DA Aqua-Master and would like to know how good are they?

I had Dan at VSS rebuild my DA Aquamaster and my DA "NAVY" approved. I was very pleased with his service. He finished up the DA aquamaster in short order and its now a sweet breather. The "Navy" approved needed a part he didn't have but he combed the country until he found it. This reg also functions great. I would wholeheartedly recommend his service and I know I will be using him again.

Jim

JFYI, there are essentially two shops that rebuild double hose regulators in the USA. These are VSS (vintagescubasupply.com) and VDH (vintagedoublehose.com). Both are excellent with a loyal following. There are also a number of privateers who are known to occassionaly rebuild and or sell rebuilt double hose regulators, one colorful character in particular comes to mind and he does know what he is doing and been doing it awhile and is quite good with the old Broxtons etc. Quite a few of us including me rebuild our own equipment using parts mostly sourced from our own stocks and supplemented by materials from VSS and VDH. I don't rebuild regulators for other people however. Both sites also include downloads and manuals and all sorts of good stuff to look at. You should visit both. And, yes, Dan is an A-OK gentleman.

Junk the plastic stuff, the future is chromed brass and double hoses. N

Dan is great! You can't go wrong with either:

www.vintagescubasupply.com
or
www.vintagedoublehose.com

Vintage Scuba Supply is even recomended by Aqualung:

http://www.aqualung.com/faq.html#hl5a

" Q: Where can I get parts for older Double Hose Regulators?
Aqua Lung no longer has parts for the older double hose regulators. There are a few places that specialize in vintage SCUBA equipment and repairs. Try visiting Vintage Scuba Supply.
"
-Ryan

sent the Aqua-Master out UPS this morning to Vintage Scuba Supply ..... hope he does a good job ... looking at an old Blue Voit double hose I might buy and may need service on it also .

Had a vintage double hose US Divers once. Got it for free and sold it for $910 on Ebay....!!!!

talk about rare .... I have never seen one of the 24ct. GOLD Royal Aqua-Masters made sometimes in the 60's .... came in a hand made walnut case and a certificate signed by Jacques Cousteau from U.S. Divers ...... one sold on Ebay last year for $10,000 (only 250 were made I believe) .....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom