Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Vintage Scuba Supply

Registered

diving dinosaur

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499

Vintage Scuba Supply

Has anyone use Vintage Scuba Supply to rebuild a double hose regulator? How did it turn out? I'm just about to sent them my DA Aqua-Master and would like to know how good are they?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    I had Dan at VSS rebuild my DA Aquamaster and my DA "NAVY" approved. I was very pleased with his service. He finished up the DA aquamaster in short order and its now a sweet breather. The "Navy" approved needed a part he didn't have but he combed the country until he found it. This reg also functions great. I would wholeheartedly recommend his service and I know I will be using him again.

Jim

Defender!

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    None - Not Certified
    Photos
    JFYI, there are essentially two shops that rebuild double hose regulators in the USA. These are VSS (vintagescubasupply.com) and VDH (vintagedoublehose.com). Both are excellent with a loyal following. There are also a number of privateers who are known to occassionaly rebuild and or sell rebuilt double hose regulators, one colorful character in particular comes to mind and he does know what he is doing and been doing it awhile and is quite good with the old Broxtons etc. Quite a few of us including me rebuild our own equipment using parts mostly sourced from our own stocks and supplemented by materials from VSS and VDH. I don't rebuild regulators for other people however. Both sites also include downloads and manuals and all sorts of good stuff to look at. You should visit both. And, yes, Dan is an A-OK gentleman.

Junk the plastic stuff, the future is chromed brass and double hoses. N

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    Dan is great! You can't go wrong with either:

www.vintagescubasupply.com
    or
    www.vintagedoublehose.com

Vintage Scuba Supply is even recomended by Aqualung:

http://www.aqualung.com/faq.html#hl5a

" Q: Where can I get parts for older Double Hose Regulators?
    Aqua Lung no longer has parts for the older double hose regulators. There are a few places that specialize in vintage SCUBA equipment and repairs. Try visiting Vintage Scuba Supply.
    "
    -Ryan
    www.flashbackscuba.com

Registered

diving dinosaur

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    sent the Aqua-Master out UPS this morning to Vintage Scuba Supply ..... hope he does a good job ... looking at an old Blue Voit double hose I might buy and may need service on it also .

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000+
    Photos
    Had a vintage double hose US Divers once. Got it for free and sold it for $910 on Ebay....!!!!

Registered

diving dinosaur

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    talk about rare .... I have never seen one of the 24ct. GOLD Royal Aqua-Masters made sometimes in the 60's .... came in a hand made walnut case and a certificate signed by Jacques Cousteau from U.S. Divers ...... one sold on Ebay last year for $10,000 (only 250 were made I believe) .....