Triple Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnW

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Drysuiting it.... in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Well finally got some time to assemble my triple tanks.
MyTripleTanks.jpg
MyTriples2.jpg

The Bands are thanks to Victor, a real work of Art. The Vavle is a vintage Nemrod I got from Ebay. The Triple 46 Tanks are old Stages from Greg Mossfeldt(2) and Ken Pon (1) that I repainted white. The second picture is with a Great Voit 50 Fathom I got from E-bay(thought it looked good on the rig). I'm going to finish them off with Triple AMF Voit Decals from Karl G as soon as I make sure of the Trim, and do not have to move the bands. These will be my regular Vintage dive tanks, I'll have to use my trusty RAM from Bryan as the Voit has no LP Port.

That is a thing of beauty! Only vintage divers can appreciate just what a nice rig this is. Thanks for the pic, CC.

That is a beautiful set. I too have a brand new Nemrod triple manifold and I am in touch with Victor. My problem is tanks--I cannot decide what tanks I want to use.

How much does your set weight in at?

Nice regulator too!

N

I have not officially weighed the Rig, but my best estimate full with air (2250PSI) is 80 lbs(great weight for a Drysuit). I have to post this pic of the Bands by themselves, honestly a thing of beauty. Next Time I'm assembling a Tech Rig, I'll skip the Highland Bands and go with Victor's.

dowsers038.jpg
Victor worked very hard to make this work with the Vintage Back Pak. I really like the look.

BTW the spread from Center to Center is 7" . I wonder if there are tubes available say 7.5 " to accomodate Triple 72's........hmmmm

Here is a photo of the cylinders to start
Rawtanks.jpg

God, I love these posts. Your rigs are friggin' awesome. :dancinglock:

Victor's bands are works of art--the best and he custom builds as you apparently know!

I cannot carry that much weight, 80 pounds is way beyond my ability. :(

How do you fasen the plastic plate to the bands? I was thinking to use a SeaHunt style harness from Allen or just make my own if need be.

I am thinking triple Luxfer 30s derated to 2,500 psi and machine some rounded tank bottom end caps to provide the correct look--maybe overkill.

I do believe the tubes were available in different C/C lengths once upon a time.

DSCF0200.jpg

N

How do you fasen the plastic plate to the bands? I was thinking to use a SeaHunt style harness from Allen or just make my own if need be.

closeup.jpg

Victor Figured this out with a braket that attaches to the Back Pack(you could use this also with a standard BP/W setup also. I'm at work right now and will get a picture of the actual bracket later.

I cannot carry that much weight, 80 pounds

I figured 3 Cylinders @ 18lbs each + 10lbs of Air + 16 lbs for the Bands, Valves and BackPak....

Aluminum S30's would shave off at least 20lbs plus a few lbs of Gas.
I think the Sea Hunt Style Harness would be Awsome. It reminds me that I still need to find some nice blue webbing to go with Karl's Decals for this rig.

BTW Nemrod, your Triple Valves look Mint, very nice!

CCanuck,

Beautiful! Quick question on the valve. Long ago I worked with a recovery team and some of the old valves were of that sort. I called them "T" valves because of the shape, but what is the real designation?

Thank you and well done on that set.....we need a smiley for jealous.

couv

Aloha J
Wow that set really turned out great. I was weighing my twin 72 voits that you used last time you were here. Empty they weigh 70 lbs. So its not that much heavier.
Too nice, I am so jealous.
Aloha
Roger

I may be in need of Victor's help with some bands too. I have several concepts for a triple rig, and a quad too. But I would need bands made for them. You have put together a spectacular set of triples, and that has me thinking about my own concepts. How do I get in touch with Victor?

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom